This is a metaphysical analysis of prayer through the lens of a "spiritual scientist." What is a "spiritual scientist?" Well, let's put it this way. As the "material scientist" must prove their findings backed up by research, the "spiritual scientist" does the same thing albeit by a slightly different method.
The material scientist only believes what he can see which is all fine-and-well. However, the spiritual scientist goes "beyond the physical" hence the term "metaphysics." By surpassing the five senses and reaching the realm of the 4th dimension and beyond along with intuition coupled with intelligence and a keen sense of a spiritual presence which most of us call God (people use many other names as well). We have proven to ourselves that there is a world beyond the physical and that "invisible laws" are constantly at play. This is why I titled this post Prayer...Scientifically Speaking.
This post will take you on an insightful journey into prayer and the invisible universal laws that support it.
I recall a favorite verse of mine from Self-Realization Magazine founded by Paramahansa Yogananda. This edition of the magazine is over 35 years old but no less relevant. The verse states that:
"Prayer can change your life anytime, anywhere, at any age. It can heal your diseases, renew your mind and body, calm the storms of daily living, from the great tempests of fear that threaten to overwhelm to the day-by-day squalls in human relationships that constantly rock-our-boat until we view a world distorted by a seasick haze."
The above verse was taken from the book: "Prayer Can Change Your Life" by Dr. William R. Parker and Elaine St. Johns.
Recently, in another interesting article titled Cardiologist Is Living Proof That Prayer Works:
"A successful cardiologist in Ashland, Ky., Dr. Bush knew what it meant when he had a lingering cough that produced pain in his chest. This past June, x-rays confirmed his suspicion. The doctors told him, "If this is cancer, you should be dead."It was cancer, and it was in both lungs, his brain, and in his spine. Several times, doctors told Dr. Bush's family that he wouldn't make it through the night. Throughout it all, though, Dr. Bush, his family, and his church prayed. According to Baptist Press, Dr. Bush's pastor organized "prayer vigils at the church and even at the hospital where Bush practiced -- 24-hour vigils of deep prayer for their beloved Christian brother."Released from the hospital in July, Dr. Bush's condition began to improve. In September, a scan revealed the startling news that the cancer was no longer present in his brain and spine. There was only one small spot in one of his lungs. The doctors were amazed, but Dr. Bush claims, "My life is a testament to the power of prayer and God."
Of course there are millions of stories similar to the cardiologist. It would take volumes of books to write down all of them. In fact, by doing a thorough online search, you will find many testimonies from those who have experience successful prayer. Which leads to other questions. What about those who have prayed with no results? Why are some prayers answered and others not?
This is where the "scientific" element comes in. For some reason many people think or believe that God should do all the work. In other words, they mumble a few words with no sincerity or depth full of doubt and throw their hands up in the answer after several prayers saying that "prayer doesn't work."
According to Newton's law of gravity "every particle attracts every other particle in the universe with a force which is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between their centers." You see there is a "law" involved here just like there are "laws" involved with prayer. The results of prayer depends on the concentration and sincerity of the prayer.
*Keep in mind, that though we can't actually "see" gravity we know that it exists and that it works. Though we can't see the "invisible universal laws" that move prayer, we know they work as well.
If you follow the laws of gravity, you will get certain results. If you follow the laws of prayer, you will also get certain results. Here are seven laws of prayer that one should be aware of:
1. Doubt will weaken your prayer. If you go in doubting the power of prayer your results will be zero or weak.
2. When you pray, be in the now. Don't have your mind on what you want to eat for dinner while praying. Be centered with your prayer.
3. Remember just like gravity the universal laws that govern prayer are invisible, real, and work.
4. Prayer is different for everyone. Each person is unique and therefore your prayer will be too. Even when praying in a group each individual is putting forth their own intensity of prayer power to create one immense collective power of prayer energy.
5. Be intuitive. Sometimes one prayer might be enough. Another time five prayers might be required. Maybe everyday until the answer to your prayer materializes. Every prayer is answered and you will "feel" an understanding that words can't describe when your prayer is finally fulfilled.
6. What many people don't comprehend is that our daily life is a prayer and though we don't realize it, our prayers are being answered all the time. I'll explain further. Have you desired something that eventually manifested? That was a prayer. Maybe you didn't go in a corner and kneel to express certain words but any desire intensely felt is a prayer. Unfortunately, this goes for negative things too. Whether consciously (when we go off in silence to pray) or subconsciously (when you have a consistent desire in the back of your mind; even if you are unaware of it) this is another form of prayer and will eventually manifest into your material world. So be careful about what you want, you just might get it. That's why the saying "the answer is never no, prayers are always answered" is true.
7. You must completely surrender the problem into God's hands. It's one of the hardest steps in conscious prayer. We must put full faith in God's promises. The degree of your faith will determine how soon and how your prayer is answered. If you pray to have enough money for a plane ticket to get to a wedding but doubt that you will receive enough money or receive the money on time, you might get there but by bus or train. If you would have let-go-and-let-God (which basically means not to waiver in your faith) you would have probably flown by plane maybe even business or first class. God always gives more when our faith is 100%. However, don't be discouraged...practice makes perfect. Eventually you will get to the point when you don't have to pray because you KNOW that God KNOWS what you need. However, that's not saying we shouldn't pray for others.
I've given an idea of prayer and its scientific elements. I know there are still many questions and all of them are not answered in this article. Still, I hope after reading this article you go away inspired and with an enhanced conceptualization about prayer and how it can help you in your life. Tell me what you think in the comment section below. If you have a private question go to my website to the contact page and send me a private message.
Many Blessings To You